The Priapus Shot®
What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) occurs when a man is unable to achieve and/or maintain an erection for sexual activity. This can occur at any age and can be caused by several different issues; however, it is very common in men over age 75. Male sexual function is a complex process involving several systems including the brain, hormones, vascular system, nerves, and muscles. Possible causes of erectile dysfunction include heart disease, diabetes, atherosclerosis, obesity, Parkinson’s Disease, traumatic brain injury, tobacco use, alcoholism, depression, and Peyronie’s Disease (build up of scar tissue in the penis).
Many men have difficulty with erections from time to time, yet in some, this is a chronic issue, meaning it is more regular and severe. This can in turn cause low self-esteem, performance anxiety, depression, strained love relationships, and inability to impregnate their partner.
What is the solution?
One of the solutions to treating erectile dysfunction, regardless of severity, includes PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy. This revolutionary treatment provides penis rejuvenation with enhancement of erections, sensitivity and penis size. This simple and relatively painless office-based procedure, the Priapus Shot®, was pioneered by Dr. Charles Runels. It incorporates the harvesting and injection of one’s own blood-derived growth factors, or PRP, into specific areas of the penis.
The procedure is safe and effective considering:
- There has never been an allergic reaction or necrosis due to deriving the PRP from one’s own blood
- Bruising is minimal if at all.
- There are no resulting lumps or nodules
- The effects last approximately 12-18 months and could be permanent (as if the skin actually became younger).
- There’s actual growth ofnew tissue by stimulation of unipotent stem cells. Therefore, the change in shape is not from something foreign being in the body but from the body actually rejuvenating and growing!
- The PRP stimulates new blood flow with new blood vessels—not from simple dilation of the exiting blood vessels (neovascularization)
What can the Priapus Shot do for you?
The Priapus Shot® results in all of the following:
- Immediate growth of the penis
- Increased strength and straightening of the penis
- Increased penile circulation
- Improvement in the efficacy of other therapies such as Viagra and Cialis
- Increased sensation and pleasure (helps correct the damage from diabetes)
- No allergic reactions (using your own body’s fluids)
- No lumpiness
- Minimal pain
How is the treatment done?
- A numbing lidocaine cream is applied to the penis
- Blood is drawn from the arm (just like when you have a blood test done)
- The blood is put in a centrifuge
- The platelets are transferred into another tube where a few drops of calcium chloride solution trick the platelets into thinking that they are in the body and the body has been injured.
- The platelets release growth factors into the liquid of the tube.
- The liquid is transferred into a syringe and injected into the penis using a tiny needle and in a way that distributes the growth factors to the appropriate areas
The body reacts to the treated cells as it does to a wound and immediately starts repairing the tissue. This builds the underlying tissue resulting in a possible 10 to 20% increase in length and girth.
You should see improvements immediately, although there is usually a return to prior treatment status in about 3 days as water is absorbed. Afterwards there is growth of new tissue that continues for at least 12 weeks, bringing the volume back up to close to where it was with the initial injection.
It is important to know that that not everyone will necessarily achieve the same results or satisfaction; however for many the result is an increase in the length, girth and sensitivity of the penis and the treatment results for those men are impressive. In addition, results are not instantaneous. It takes several weeks to achieve the full effects and there are things one must do daily to increase the rate of success, all of which will be discussed during your private consultation.
It is important to follow other healthy lifestyle measures in conjunction with the Priapus Shot® in order to achieve optimal results:
- Work with your primary care provider to manage diabetes, heart disease or other chronic health conditions
- See your provider for regular checkups and medical screening tests as recommended
- Stop smoking, limit or avoid alcohol, and do not use illegal drugs.
- Exercise regularly – at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity cardiovascular activity weekly
- Take measures to reduce and eliminate stress
- Obtain help for anxiety, depression or other mental health concerns
- Communicate with your significant other and address any possible roadblocks to optimal relationship cohesion and interaction
Click here to book your appointment or call us at (719) 428-5310 with any questions!